Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Albums with Managed Apple ID

Hello - I can't figure out if there is a restriction for sharing albums with non-managed users. I can share photos with other managed users, but I can't find it documented anywhere that I can't share with non-managed users, and this doesn't appear to work on a managed device. Can someone confirm whether this is available?

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 10:24 AM

NHI1978,

As it sounds like you are following How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac and it does't show Photos being a restriction in Use Managed Apple IDs in Apple Business Manager, at this point, you may want to  Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link to contact Apple to look into your account.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 10:24 AM in response to NHI1978

NHI1978,

As it sounds like you are following How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac and it does't show Photos being a restriction in Use Managed Apple IDs in Apple Business Manager, at this point, you may want to  Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link to contact Apple to look into your account.

Best regards.

May 13, 2022 8:29 AM in response to NHI1978

Hello NHI1978,

We understand that you're having trouble sharing content. Profiles vary depending on the department who set it up. It is possible they have sharing restricted. So you'll need to contact your faculty who set up the profile in order to determine what it allows or does not allow.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

May 16, 2022 10:14 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hello - I actually was the one who set up the business accounts. We already allow sharing inside and outside the organization, and both options for allowing shared albums and photo library are enabled in the iCloud settings. When a managed user attempts to share an album with anyone outside our organization, it says they were invited, but the invitation is never received. When anyone outside the organization attempts to share an album with a managed user, the invitation is never received on the managed device.

Shared Albums with Managed Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.