Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back my Apple Music after reinstating my subscription?

I’ve had a subscription for a long time for my music. Over the years , I’ve downloaded lots of music. My card had to be canceled for fraud and apple couldn’t bill me until a new one was received and information loaded.

Question ? When apple canceled my subscription, they took away all the music I paid for for years. Are these people thinking I’m renting this music ? If so , cancel my subscription! I’ve NOT rented this music. I’ve paid for it ! I would like my music back NOW ! Any help will be highly appreciated! TYIA !

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 12, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 2:58 PM

As long as you kept the same Apple ID, Apple should not have taken away any music you purchased from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription). If, by some fluke, that happened you should be able to redownload those purchases:

Redownload music - Apple Support

However, you only lease the music that you acquire with an Apple Music subscription. It is copy-protected to only play on Apple-approved devices and will be deleted if the subscription expires or is cancelled.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 2:58 PM in response to Wiggles1965

As long as you kept the same Apple ID, Apple should not have taken away any music you purchased from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription). If, by some fluke, that happened you should be able to redownload those purchases:

Redownload music - Apple Support

However, you only lease the music that you acquire with an Apple Music subscription. It is copy-protected to only play on Apple-approved devices and will be deleted if the subscription expires or is cancelled.

How to get back my Apple Music after reinstating my subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.