Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Cover Art changed after signing up for Apple Music

I recently signed up for Apple Music. I have ripped a lot of my LP's and CD's into iTunes library over the years. All of my Album Cover Art is correct on my iMac, however after signing up with Apple Music I noticed that the Album cover art on my iPhone 13 and my iPad Air 3 changed on several albums on these two devices. The album cover art in my iTunes library is correct and did not change, thank goodness. Any suggestions on how to get the album cover art back being correct on my iPhone and iPad? All of the album cover art on both of these devices was correct before signing up for Apple Music. Thank you.

iPhone 13

Posted on May 12, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 5:49 AM

I mentioned unchecking Apple Music because you mentioned having signed up for it in your OP and I wondered if a change to Apple Music might be the common denominator. It's all moot now.

I deleted the music on my phone, deleted the music app and started all over, before bed last night. At my last calculation (based on current progress and the amount of time that had elapsed) I had this process pegged at about an hour and 45 minutes but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open so I went to bed. When I got into bed, it immediately occurred to me that rebooting my phone after deleting the music and the app might have been a good idea. However, by then, it was too late anyway.

Long story short, everything looks great this morning. I'm glad I found your thread and appreciate your additional input.

Now I can get back to adding to my collection, feeling like I'm finally caught back up and beyond where I was 3 years ago.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 5:49 AM in response to kessency

I mentioned unchecking Apple Music because you mentioned having signed up for it in your OP and I wondered if a change to Apple Music might be the common denominator. It's all moot now.

I deleted the music on my phone, deleted the music app and started all over, before bed last night. At my last calculation (based on current progress and the amount of time that had elapsed) I had this process pegged at about an hour and 45 minutes but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open so I went to bed. When I got into bed, it immediately occurred to me that rebooting my phone after deleting the music and the app might have been a good idea. However, by then, it was too late anyway.

Long story short, everything looks great this morning. I'm glad I found your thread and appreciate your additional input.

Now I can get back to adding to my collection, feeling like I'm finally caught back up and beyond where I was 3 years ago.

Jun 23, 2022 3:21 PM in response to kessency

After receiving no responses to my question above, I continued to search for a solution. I did find one solution that appears to work at least for now (only has been a few hours). Delete the Apple Music app from your iPhone and/or iPad. Then download from the App Store the Apple Music app. Sync via lightening cable to your Mac and the Music app on your Mac. On the sidebar, click on either iPhone or iPad, click on sync settings in the Music App on your Mac. at the bottom of the next screen click sync and all of your music with the correct album artwork will appear correct. Mine took a while to sync as I have about 2000 songs in my library.

Jun 28, 2022 12:33 PM in response to kessency

Is everything still working?

I will give this a try since I also have this issue...everything correct in iTunes on the PC but all out of whack on my phone. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it since I have about 31,000+ songs to upload from my computer.

Wait. Does this mean having to rebuild you app library as well? Might be a deal breaker.

I just spent 3 years on a complete rebuild, after losing all the music on my PC so I was hoping for a better outcome, after all this work. I'm seriously considering an alternative to iTunes but I really like having the music reside on my phone so I don't have to rely on crappy cell coverage. Plex is my backup and while I love it, it still requires streaming the music.

Jun 28, 2022 3:20 PM in response to NFLMVP

Yes, everything is still working correctly on both my iPhone and iPad Air.

Yes, you will be deleting your library on your iPhone, downloading the Music app again and re-syncing with your PC (I have a Mac). With my 2000 songs it took less than 30 minutes. I used my lighting cable connected to my Mac directly to sync. I suggest not using wifi because it will be slower. For 31K songs, you should be able to re-sync your library overnight. Hope this helps.

Jun 28, 2022 3:46 PM in response to kessency

That’s essentially what I just did. I went into settings, music, edit and deleted my entire music library before reinstalling the rebuilt library. However, I didn’t uninstall the music app.

I was thinking back to how iTunes worked years ago and at that time, deleting the app would have deleted everything. I just realized that deleting the music app should only affect music on my phone and not all the apps, photos, documents, etc.

Tell me I’m right so I can feel better about loading 31,000 songs twice in 2 days.

FWIW, I unchecked Apple Music in my settings before loading the new library and perhaps this created my problem. It had been turned on but I exclusively rip my music from CDs so there’s no point in leaving it on.

Jun 30, 2022 9:01 AM in response to kessency

Thanks. I’m just happy that you were able to resolve your own problem since no one replied with help. Running across your thread helped solve my problem.

I’m not sure about you but I am definitely NOT a techie and I stumble around in the dark a lot, when trying to resolve problems. I can generally find my way to a resolution but it’s nice when it’s this easy. Thanks again.

Jun 30, 2022 2:51 PM in response to NFLMVP

You are most welcome. I am an Electrical Engineer, retired after 50+ years in the R&D/semiconductor (chips) business. So I am techie as you say. I tried to write my responses so that the non-technical person can understand what I am saying and follow the instructions. I had to do this as my wife was not technical at all, so this really taught me how to respond to questions that may arise.

Album Cover Art changed after signing up for Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.