Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in speakers

my iphone 12 mini was in my pocket while I was in swimming pool (20 minutes max). I switched it off for 5 hrs then powered on once and then again switched it off for 24 hrs. I did not charge or connect any lightning accessory during this period. Water had entered in my speakers and they had a muffled sound so I used water eject shortcut and sonic app to push water out. But it is not working in the case of top/front speaker (the one that is used for calls). What should I do ?

Also the performance of iphone is not compromised and the bottom speakers are working fine (hopefully, is there any way to verify if the speakers are back to normal) but still I am afraid if the phone has been damaged. The phone is covered in 1 yr warranty as I had bought it in oct 2021.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on May 12, 2022 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:43 AM

Sorry, but the iPhone is not designed for swimming.

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids—for example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents. If your iPhone comes into contact with any of these substances, follow the instructions to clean your iPhone.

copied from: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Also check this article:

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:43 AM in response to kr_yashasvi

Sorry, but the iPhone is not designed for swimming.

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids—for example, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, and solvents. If your iPhone comes into contact with any of these substances, follow the instructions to clean your iPhone.

copied from: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Also check this article:

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Water in speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.