Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What I do when safari can’t find the server, when WiFi is connected

What do I do when safari can’t find the server, when the WiFi is connected? On an iMac

OS X Server (Yosemite)

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 5:38 AM

System Preferences >Network > WiFi > Advanced > Proxies > Under "Select a protocol to configure"

Turn off any Proxies selected by clicking the check mark.

Click OK and  then Apply.

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Quote:

Check network settings

Certain network settings, such as those related to using a proxy server or custom DNS server, can affect access to content on the internet. Even if you haven't changed your network settings, you might have installed software that changed those settings for you.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 5:38 AM in response to Dudley8Hound

System Preferences >Network > WiFi > Advanced > Proxies > Under "Select a protocol to configure"

Turn off any Proxies selected by clicking the check mark.

Click OK and  then Apply.

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

Quote:

Check network settings

Certain network settings, such as those related to using a proxy server or custom DNS server, can affect access to content on the internet. Even if you haven't changed your network settings, you might have installed software that changed those settings for you.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

What I do when safari can’t find the server, when WiFi is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.