Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The continual return of old or dead email accounts - this IS a keychain issue

I keep trying to remove old accounts (primarily email accounts) from internet accounts and they reappear all the time. I have deleted any instance of the accounts on my keychain(s) and checked, they still reappear. The only way I have found to remove them from one device is to switch keychain off on the device settings for icloud.

Despite the message stating that the accounts will be removed across devices, when keychain icloud sharing is on, the accounts reappear.

I have read that this is an issue outwith Apple - It certainly isn't, whilst it isn't a major issue, it is pretty annoying all the same. If I find a workable fix I'll share it of course.

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:11 PM

Don't create same admin password name and password between two Macs signed in with same apple id and password and same credentials on the same network , from Mac " A " you can follow the article Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

Or else create a new admin account in users and groups Set up users, guests and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Then sign out primary account from apple logo and sign in with newly created admin account and password .

From Mac " B " remove the account from internet accounts Use your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support

Note : you should never uncheck the box of keychain it can create pop ups and iCloud Keychain can be corrupted .

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 10:11 PM in response to digigaia

Don't create same admin password name and password between two Macs signed in with same apple id and password and same credentials on the same network , from Mac " A " you can follow the article Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

Or else create a new admin account in users and groups Set up users, guests and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Then sign out primary account from apple logo and sign in with newly created admin account and password .

From Mac " B " remove the account from internet accounts Use your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support

Note : you should never uncheck the box of keychain it can create pop ups and iCloud Keychain can be corrupted .

The continual return of old or dead email accounts - this IS a keychain issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.