Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need advice on buying a UBS-C to USB cable converter

I recently purchased a Magic Mouse from Apple. I was assured that it would work with my iMac (late 2013) if I had Blue Tooth and the latest OS--which I do. The trouble is, my iMac doesn't have a USB-C port. I've been researching USB-C to USB connection cables, but I'm unsure what to buy. Can someone recommend the right cable? Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 8:34 AM

The Magic Mouse does not have a USB-C port. It has a Lightning port. The cable included is a Lightning to USB-C cable.

As mentioned, pretty much any USB-C to regular USB-A adapter will work. USB-C to USB-A Adapter - Amazon.com

Alternatively, you can simply buy a Lightning to USB-A cable: link-> Lightning to USB Cable (1 m) - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 8:34 AM in response to mrevenig

The Magic Mouse does not have a USB-C port. It has a Lightning port. The cable included is a Lightning to USB-C cable.

As mentioned, pretty much any USB-C to regular USB-A adapter will work. USB-C to USB-A Adapter - Amazon.com

Alternatively, you can simply buy a Lightning to USB-A cable: link-> Lightning to USB Cable (1 m) - Apple

May 13, 2022 8:32 AM in response to mrevenig

The Magic Mouse comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable. One option is to buy a USB to Lightning cable (or if you already have one for an older iPhone you can use that). See: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m) - Apple

Another option (that I have not personally tested) is to use the cable that came with the Magic Mouse and the following adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Female-Adapter-Charger-Airpods-Samsung/dp/B079LYHNSR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=30T7SZEPBSO8K&keywords=usb%2Bc%2Bfemale%2Bto%2Busb%2Bmale%2Badapter%2B2%2Bpack&qid=1652455875&sprefix=USB%2BC%2BFemale%2Bto%2BUSB%2BMale%2BAdapter%2B2%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-3&th=1

Need advice on buying a UBS-C to USB cable converter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.