Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)not work touchscreen, and need critical software update

touchscreen not working on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), what to do??

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:29 AM

anatoli144 wrote:

touchscreen not working on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), what to do??

Touchbar?

On your Intel Mac you can try both—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve it typically indicates a hardware fault with the logic board.

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 11:29 AM in response to anatoli144

anatoli144 wrote:

Touchbar?

On your Intel Mac you can try both—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve it typically indicates a hardware fault with the logic board.

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

May 14, 2022 1:59 PM in response to anatoli144

Usually this means there is some sort of hardware issue with the laptop which affects the Touchbar. Personally I have seen the Touchbar (aka Top Case Assembly), Logic Board, and Display Assembly (I suspect the camera) all cause this problem with the Touchbar. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

In the mean time you can boot into Safe Mode so you can access your data and make another backup before the repair.

I've seen a couple people on these forums mention that reinstalling macOS over top of itself may fix the issue, but I've never personally had this work (usually won't boot the macOS installer with the same error), but it never hurts to try.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)not work touchscreen, and need critical software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.