Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Overheated While Charging

I have an iPhone 13 mini. It tends to get hot when I use a fast charger. That especially happens when I have the charger plugged into the cigarette lighter port in my car. Recently, my phone shut off because it overheated (it was not in the sun, but was very hot to the touch). I definitely need to keep my phone charging while using Waze. What's the solution?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:23 PM

Are you using a apple certified car charger and cable? Secondly, your phone will heat up if you are using Waze constantly and charging the phone as well. Try taking off the case if any.

Also read this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

1 reply

iPhone Overheated While Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.