Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my iPhone in a foreign country?

can i use it in a foreign country

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:57 PM

You can use Apple Pay in any region/country that it is available. To find out which region/country Apple Pay is available, click here 👉 Countries and Regions that support Apple Pay.

Axel F.

4 replies

May 13, 2022 6:32 PM in response to missaustria

Are you referring to the Apple Card? If So, then use the physical Apple Card like you would any of your other credit cards. The credit card number and information is in the magnetic strip and chip on the card. In your example, the restaurant waiter will run the credit card through the payment machine like he would any other card and get the approval for payment. You do not have to recite any credit card numbers to the merchants.

Axel F.

May 13, 2022 8:34 PM in response to missaustria

missaustria wrote:

To I have to give my card to a waiter and he walks away with it or how to pay in a store the card does not show any numbers to I have to go give them the card numbers

Titanium Apple Card so completely revolutionary and different here, in that it works exactly like every other credit card in use.

Preferably with the chip and a chip reader, and less preferably with the magstripe.

Cards stopped using raised numbers and name and expiration years ago, and nobody has used the old-style raised characters to emboss a carbon or carbonless purchase receipt in decades.

The numbers shown on most credit cards are now largely intended for you to make online purchases.

Retailers directly reading those numbers whether raised or not, not so much.

Retailers haven’t looked up those numbers in the stolen-card booklets in probably thirty or so years, just as soon as approvals went online. And the little books of bad card numbers got way too big.

Nowadays, the presence of numbers on most credit cards just means those cards that leave your presence are more easily subject to fraud.

Can I use my iPhone in a foreign country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.