Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro going to sleep and not waking up

My MacBook Pro has been going into a sleep mode with a black screen and not turning on afterwards without a restart followed by Command + R. This has been continually happening for approximately two weeks and I cannot find any solution. I know that the laptop is still on because the screen has a very faint backlight even though it's black. If I try to restart without the Command + R, it just goes black again. I'm currently in exams and relying on my laptop a lot so I'm very worried, plus there are no Apple stores in my country. Help???

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 14, 2022 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 7:59 AM

MoniqueK26 wrote:

My MacBook Pro has been going into a sleep mode with a black screen and not turning on afterwards without a restart followed by Command + R. This has been continually happening for approximately two weeks and I cannot find any solution. I know that the laptop is still on because the screen has a very faint backlight even though it's black. If I try to restart without the Command + R, it just goes black again. I'm currently in exams and relying on my laptop a lot so I'm very worried, plus there are no Apple stores in my country. Help???

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c7bbbe69-8d13-4291-a270-c654cce6b554

You do not specify what exact Mac is this...(?)

On an Intel Mac I would try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 7:59 AM in response to MoniqueK26

MoniqueK26 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c7bbbe69-8d13-4291-a270-c654cce6b554

You do not specify what exact Mac is this...(?)

On an Intel Mac I would try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

May 15, 2022 8:25 AM in response to MoniqueK26

MoniqueK26 wrote:

Hey there,

Thank you so much for responding. It's a 2017 13-inch MacBook Pro (Model A1708), so based on some research I don't think it has the T2 chip :( Any other ideas?

?

On your Intel Mac with T1 chip—

ref: On an Intel Mac I would try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset the SMC on other computers

If your Mac doesn't have the Apple T2 Security Chip, follow these steps.

Notebook computers with a nonremovable battery

—>*This applies to MacBook Pro models introduced in mid-2009 through 2017,* <— 

Macbook Pro going to sleep and not waking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.