Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iPhone 6

My iPhone 6 says it’s currently updated at IOS 12.2. I can’t get the option to update to a newer IOS system which also means I can’t download apps I want like Walmart or target because they require a more recently updated version of IOS

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 14, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 10:03 PM

Remove the beta profile from it and restart the unit. If there isn't one, check that it can properly communicate with Apple's servers.

If you're trying to update it to 13 or above, see Axel Foley's post. You should be able to update it to 12.5.5.

(218299)

9 replies

May 14, 2022 10:01 PM in response to aanuoluwapo275

aanuoluwapo275 Said:

"My iPhone 6 says it’s currently updated at IOS 12.2. I can’t get the option to update to a newer IOS system which also means I can’t download apps I want like Walmart or target because they require a more recently updated version of IOS"

-------

For reference...

Updating an iPhone:

A. What to Update:

Update Installed Apps along with the iOS.

B. Determining if an iOS Update will Install:

How to do so...

I. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

II. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

May 14, 2022 10:00 PM in response to aanuoluwapo275

aanuoluwapo275 Said:

"My iPhone 6 says it’s currently updated at IOS 12.2. I can’t get the option to update to a newer IOS system which also means I can’t download apps I want like Walmart or target because they require a more recently updated version of IOS"

-------

Keep Personal Info off of these Forums:

These forums are here for everyone out there to view. So, just be certain to keep personal information off of these forums and other forums too. Anyone out there can read this info.

For your Security & Privacy:

I have asked the host to rid of the screenshot :)

Can't update iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.