Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor Resolution Correct? (2018 Mini / LG 5K Ultrafine)

I have my 2018 Mac Mini connected to an LG 5K Ultrafine display using the cable supplied with the monitor (Thunderbolt/USB-C). The two are said to be compatible by Apple and indeed they are in that the display works fine and looks really good, but…

If I use Apple Logo>About This Mac> Display, the resolution is given as 5120 x 2800 (5K) but in System Preferences>Displays>Scaled the Default resolution says "Looks like 2560 x 1440". Which resolution is correct and if the lower one, what have I done wrong to not get 5K?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 15, 2022 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:49 AM

macfan7 wrote:

Thanks tbirdvet - is there no way to change my resolution to 5K to take full advantage of the monitor's pixel count?

If you were to set it to map display data to 5K, everything, especially text, would be very tiny.

Similar questions

6 replies

May 16, 2022 7:04 AM in response to macfan7

Hey macfan7,

We'll be happy to help out with your resolution issues on the external display.

You can use these steps here to change and manually adjust the resolution you would like: Change your Mac display’s resolution - Apple Support. You may also want to look here If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry when connected to your Mac - Apple Support to ensure that the Mac supports the resolution you are looking for.

Cheers.

Monitor Resolution Correct? (2018 Mini / LG 5K Ultrafine)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.