Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my Game Centre data when I change my Apple Id?

I am about to lose the primary email linked to my apple id. I need to change my apple id before this happens. I have a number of years gaming invested in the “game centre” linked to the current apple

id. When I change my apple id to the new email what will happen to the game center data? Will I still be able to log into the game center to access the data and which apple id should I use, the old id or the new?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:36 AM

In changing your Apple ID you are not terminating the account. The support document Change your Apple ID says:

If you no longer use the email address that's associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.

The document has instruction on how to change the ID. Change it to your new third-party email address.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 8:36 AM in response to MitchF52

In changing your Apple ID you are not terminating the account. The support document Change your Apple ID says:

If you no longer use the email address that's associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.

The document has instruction on how to change the ID. Change it to your new third-party email address.

What happens to my Game Centre data when I change my Apple Id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.