Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Replacement on 2016 MacBook Pro

How difficult is it for a novice like me to replace the battery of a 2016 MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Jujubee1729 wrote:

How difficult is it for a novice like me to replace the battery of a 2016 MacBook Pro?

i would not advise it.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 8:58 AM in response to Jujubee1729

Jujubee1729 wrote:

i would not advise it.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

May 16, 2022 7:03 PM in response to Jujubee1729

It is difficult to replace the battery because it is glued in. Plus the quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries are extremely poor even when purchased from a reputable vendor such as OWC.

Unfortunately the Top Case/Battery Assembly has at least a month long backorder at the moment for all models. Apple gave us an estimated time of about a month. Our organization has multiple laptops that have been waiting about two weeks or more so far for the Top Case/Battery Assembly to arrive. Of course it may take even longer since it is just an estimate. I've read that Apple will place an order for the part and allow the user to keep the laptop until the part arrives, but make sure to ask since this may vary by region.

Battery Replacement on 2016 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.