Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I pick when my Macbook should upload files to iCloud?

One of the aggrevations I have with my Mac is the continuous uploading of files or photos to iCloud. For example, I imported a number of photos from my camera disk into Photos app so I can use Photos viewer to cull the bum photos. But they all get uploaded immediately which ties up my internet (I'm rural and have slow speed/low bandwidth).

I would like to create a file or play with my photos and at some time that I choose, upload and/or sync with iCloud.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 2:03 PM

Yes - you can disable iCloud photos altogether in Preferences>icloud tab.

But then you will have to sync from your iPhone (if you use one) via USB instead.

Note though, that you can't turn it on and off to control when sync happens. Each time you turn it on, it will attempte a complete sync of the whole library - probably taking days, or weeks for a large library.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Staynavytom

Yes - you can disable iCloud photos altogether in Preferences>icloud tab.

But then you will have to sync from your iPhone (if you use one) via USB instead.

Note though, that you can't turn it on and off to control when sync happens. Each time you turn it on, it will attempte a complete sync of the whole library - probably taking days, or weeks for a large library.

Can I pick when my Macbook should upload files to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.