Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has been hacked

My service constantly shows NO SERVICE but nothing has happened to the phone antenna. My about showed IPhone #3 in the about when it use to have my name. I just feel I have been hacked and someone else is in more control than me. Need help to remove. Thank you.

If I have been hacked and it seems like everything I do is not actually happening as if mine is Virtual and they are seeing what they want me to see, how can I truly reset if it is just being done virtually? (Sorry not the best at trying to explain).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 12:16 PM

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

1. Check your coverage area. Make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage. ... 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device. ... 
  3. Check for a Carrier Settings update. ... 
  4. Take out the SIM card. ... 
  5. Reset your Network Settings. ... 
  6. Update your iPhone or iPad. ... 
  7. Contact your carrier. ... 
  8. Get more help.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad ...

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. ... Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 12:16 PM in response to Idlehandsbusymind

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

1. Check your coverage area. Make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage. ... 
  2. Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device. ... 
  3. Check for a Carrier Settings update. ... 
  4. Take out the SIM card. ... 
  5. Reset your Network Settings. ... 
  6. Update your iPhone or iPad. ... 
  7. Contact your carrier. ... 
  8. Get more help.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad ...

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. ... Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

May 16, 2022 12:48 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Probably because their vision of a 'hacker' is what they get from ridiculous portrayals on TV or movies and they have no understanding of how computing technology actually works... unlike those of us who actually had to learn things like how to use the command line to do basic things like copying and deleting files, formatting disks, etc. before we could accomplish anything useful... Heck, most of the senior people here have built their own computers from scratch and many remember the days of 300bps modems (and less) in a time when the Internet was nothing but a line item in the DARPA project plan...

The iPhone came out 15 years ago. Ever since then, young-uns have had fully functional tech shoved in their faces with little to no instruction and have amassed a vast empty space where their understanding of the technology should be...

May 16, 2022 1:06 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Understandable but I wasn’t saying that it was a successful hack. If one wanted merely to be completely conspicuous then sure but if there vast differences happening that would raise an eyebrow then maybe there were mistakes made to not be a “successful hack. “ Aside from that I’m not certain as I stated if it was in fact a hack but I’m trying to relay what I’m experiencing as best as possible. Thank you for not cutting my head off about terminologies.

May 16, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your help. No harm no foul. I just came on here bc there are ppl with more experience and insight and was looking for clarity. Some of the other ppl come here just to say what they know in condescending manners. Not you though. Just realized that there were reasons ppl hated asking questions back in school… can’t look for understanding without the hecklers/critics. Can’t just call it semantics when I’m not using the right terms, try to understand more, or even assist with the command lines to use to verify on the terminal. All in all thank you. I’ll put my hand back down and be ignorant when I was searching for understanding and answers.

My iPhone has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.