Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen phone iPhone finder off

unfortunately I had my phone stolen! I could not locate my device because it was offline, however, I set the phone to lost mode with a number to call if the device is found. I have had two messages stating the “dear customer, your iPhone 12 Pro Max pacific blue has been found at 1:38pm. View location. I click on the link and the device does not even show my user name or allow me to locate my phone anymore. The iPhone finder was definitely on when I had the phone.

Ever since that, the find my iPhone will not even show my iPhone anymore, it will only show my iPad.

some how the device has turned my iPhone finder off but not sure how as they will not know any of my passwords to access the device.

is there anything you can do to help please

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 15, 2022 1:26 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2022 1:35 PM in response to Kaylamabbutt

The "dear customer" message is a scam. Typically the scam messages attempt to get you to login in response and divulge your Apple ID and password and they use that to turn off activation lock and find my for your phone.

If you responded, change your password immediately.

If Find My is no longer on, see: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

and If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Stolen phone iPhone finder off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.