Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air 5th gen

I ordered my iPad on May 12th and the estimated delivery date isn’t until June 22-29. Is it really going to take that long? Also, why does it take that long? My Apple Pencil already comes tomorrow and my iPad not til 4-5 weeks :/

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:51 AM

The reason why it taking longer to ship is that there has been more demand on iPads more than ever before and currently there is a silicon shortage (microchips made for all devices) in every industry that makes electronics. And the Apple Pencil isn’t as much demand so it’s available to pick up or ship quicker.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 12:51 AM in response to Victoriarico_

The reason why it taking longer to ship is that there has been more demand on iPads more than ever before and currently there is a silicon shortage (microchips made for all devices) in every industry that makes electronics. And the Apple Pencil isn’t as much demand so it’s available to pick up or ship quicker.

May 16, 2022 7:07 AM in response to Victoriarico_

Apple’s estimated delivery dates are usually very accurate. Some iPad models are in short supply in some geographic regions, while other models may be immediately available. If you need your iPad quickly, perhaps consider a model with more internal storage - or less - as delivery time may be considerably shorter.

The entire electronics industry is struggling with manufacture and availability of semiconductors. Similarly, there are global shipping delays affecting all commodities. Combined, these two factors alone are significantly impacting availability of goods worldwide.

IPad Air 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.