Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BT internet email problem

Hi. I have a recent problem with my email service. At some point during one day a couple of weeks ago, the following issues seem to have started:

• missing virtually all sent emails from the account on my iPad since the account started, but not my iPhone
  • similarly, logging onto web based email account, using different devices, my iPad, my iPhone, wife’s iPad and laptop, exactly the same issue
  • emails sent from iPad don’t appear in the sent box on the iPhone and vice versa.

There are no settings I have changed, no passwords, no upgrades, etc. I have checked I am using the correct servers etc.

I have a fairly up to date mobile think it’s a 12 mini but the iPad is quite old, though not the iPad2, I think it is an ipad5 but it probably dates back to 2016. I accept that is pretty old but that shouldn’t cause my sent emails to disappear from the web Mail app!

I have contacted BT and so far, they have been unable to advise what has caused this and how to fix it. I am awaiting a further update call hopefully today, but I don’t have much confidence this will get resolved.

So in the meantime, I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem in the past with BT email, if so was it rectified, and if so how. Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 16, 2022 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:13 AM

To be clear, are you using the iPad’s native (i.e., built-in) Mail App - or a third-party Mail (e.g., BT Mail) App?

When mail is apparently missing from folders, begin by signing-in to the mail-providers email portal using a web-browser from any computer. For BT Mail:

https://home.bt.com/login/loginformTARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femaillogin

If you can see the missing items using the webmail portal, all of your mail is safely stored within the mail server - and it is merely not visible on your device. In this situation the remedy is usually straightforward…

For the native Mail App, delete the Mail account from the device where the mail is not visible - then force-restart the device prior to re-adding the account to the device. To delete the account from your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Mail account] > Delete Account

To force-restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Re-add the Mail account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If instead the issue lies with a third-party Mail App, delete the App. Remember, you email messages are safely stored on the email-providers mail server. To delete the mail App:

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

As before, force-restart the iPad - and then reinstall the third-party mail App and re-add your mail account to the App.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 1:13 AM in response to MikeyJohnS

To be clear, are you using the iPad’s native (i.e., built-in) Mail App - or a third-party Mail (e.g., BT Mail) App?

When mail is apparently missing from folders, begin by signing-in to the mail-providers email portal using a web-browser from any computer. For BT Mail:

https://home.bt.com/login/loginformTARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femaillogin

If you can see the missing items using the webmail portal, all of your mail is safely stored within the mail server - and it is merely not visible on your device. In this situation the remedy is usually straightforward…

For the native Mail App, delete the Mail account from the device where the mail is not visible - then force-restart the device prior to re-adding the account to the device. To delete the account from your iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Mail account] > Delete Account

To force-restart the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Re-add the Mail account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If instead the issue lies with a third-party Mail App, delete the App. Remember, you email messages are safely stored on the email-providers mail server. To delete the mail App:

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

As before, force-restart the iPad - and then reinstall the third-party mail App and re-add your mail account to the App.

BT internet email problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.