Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically mute text tones while on the phone?

Hoping I just have not found this setting.

I want the phone to mute text tones while I am talking on the phone automatically. Is this an option?

Right now I'm flipping the switch on the side of my iPhone 12 Pro before talking on the phone. I frequently forget to turn it back on and subsequently miss important phone calls. Old age: hard of hearing and forgetful doesn't help.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 8:08 AM

Boerne wrote:

I want the phone to mute text tones while I am talking on the phone automatically. Is this an option?

Right now I'm flipping the switch on the side of my iPhone 12 Pro before talking on the phone. I frequently forget to turn it back on and subsequently miss important phone calls. Old age: hard of hearing and forgetful doesn't help.

No there is no settings for that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Boerne

Boerne wrote:

No there is no settings for that.

Automatically mute text tones while on the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.