Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOSMonterey - Itunes Why can't I search my iTunes library

Why can't I search my iTunes library?? The default switches to search the Store. in the recent past I was able to choose where I wanted to search. I can't believe the glitched iTunes continues to have or develop.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2022 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 11:48 AM

turingtest2 is right -thank you for the tip: go to "view" then "show filter field". Boy! I have had this problem for many months now, and it took going on this forum to find the answer. I think it is insane APPLE does not make that path more obvious. I have used iTunes for decades, bought music for decades from it, and year after year, APPLE seems to be making sure I lose access to my duly paid for library. I guess the point is to force us all to get on an Apple streaming subscription, right? Yep. Thank you: NO.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Supergraphic

turingtest2 is right -thank you for the tip: go to "view" then "show filter field". Boy! I have had this problem for many months now, and it took going on this forum to find the answer. I think it is insane APPLE does not make that path more obvious. I have used iTunes for decades, bought music for decades from it, and year after year, APPLE seems to be making sure I lose access to my duly paid for library. I guess the point is to force us all to get on an Apple streaming subscription, right? Yep. Thank you: NO.

Jul 20, 2022 8:34 PM in response to turingtest2

Correct: you first have to click on "Songs' or "Recently Added" or "Albums", and then, ONLY THEN, does the greyed out "show filter field" becomes dark and clickable when accessed under the tab "View" in the menu. Really, it is not an easy way to find your own stuff in your own library, but that is how Apple wants it to be, hey! Even now that I know the trick, I am encountering the greyed out "show filter field" more often than I should.

MacOSMonterey - Itunes Why can't I search my iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.