Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t activate my number for my iMessage. It’s always popping up activation error

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

May 17, 2022 4:34 PM in response to warith49

I have this issue too. None of the support article steps solve it. I’ve restarted. I’ve updated to the latest iOS.

I spent two hours on the phone with apple support and my call was elevated. I was finally told that there was a bug introduced in iOS 15.4.1 that affected iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max users who are on an e-sim. I was told there “is no solution” presently, short of going to your provider and asking for a physical SIM card (which doesn’t help those of us who use an e-SIM so that they can slot in an alternate SIM card for work/travel).

I updated to iOS 15.5 and the problem persists. Not sure if anyone has heard any news about fixes for this specific bug/issue?

I can’t activate my number for my iMessage. It’s always popping up activation error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.