You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing

How do I sync reminders on iPhone with iPad. I can add on iPhone and it appears on iPad but not vice versa. If I move a reminder to another day or time on iPhone it does not change on iPad

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2022 10:12 PM

9 replies

May 17, 2022 12:59 AM in response to Dicko13

There are sometimes synchronisation issues with iCloud.

Often the easiest method of resolving an iCloud sync’ problem is to first, counterintuitively, disable the service that is causing the problem. On both your iPad and iPhone, disable Reminders in iCloud:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Reminders - set to OFF

If you are offered opportunity to save a local copy of your data, unless you do not wish to preserve your existing Reminders, you should do so - as this data will later be merged with iCloud.

After disabling Reminders on both devices, force restart the iPad and iPhone:

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

When your iPad and iPhone have restarted, wait for a few minutes before proceeding - as this allows Apple’s iCloud servers a few minutes themselves to synchronise the changes initially made to your settings. When you’re ready, you can re-enable Reminders in iCloud on each of your devices:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Reminders - set to ON

The local copy of your Reminders data, that you previously saved, will be merged with iCloud - and, hopefully, your Reminders will now remain synchronised between devices.

May 16, 2022 10:17 PM in response to Dicko13

Dicko13 Said:

"Syncing: How do I sync reminders on iPhone with iPad. I can add on iPhone and it appears on iPad but not vice versa. If I move a reminder to another day or time on iPhone it does not change on iPad"

-------

Syncing Reminders:

Re-Enable Reminders in iCloud Settings...

Go to:

1. Open: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Messages (so that it is greyed out)
  5. Tap: Messages (so that it is green)

May 17, 2022 2:02 AM in response to Dicko13

Okay. Same procedure, but a “bigger hammer”…

This time, you’ll need to sign-out of iCloud itself - on both devices - and you will definitely have opportunity to keep a local copy of all your iCloud data; ensure that you do so for at least one of your devices, as this will be the only copy of iCloud data.

To sign-out of iCloud on both iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

Force-restart both iPad and iPhone as before - and then sign-in to iCloud on both of your devices from Settings. The local copy of your Calendar, Contact, Reminders, Keychain etc. will be merged with your iCloud account.

Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.