Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This article is for intel computers.

How can run an intel program on an M1 computer.

I get an installation failure.

I can run universal apps but not when it is an intel app.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:04 AM

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

13 replies

May 17, 2022 5:19 AM in response to IsBader

On my son's M1 chip MBP, Rosetta allows him to run "Intel apps". I set it up and they run just fine: Microsoft Office before MS ported it to the M1 chip..

I think you need to be more descriptive and explanatory. Rosetta is an attempt to allow the M1 chip machines to "act like" an Intel machine. Is that not what you want?

May 17, 2022 7:07 AM in response to IsBader

Refer to earlier rely authored by Luis Sequiera 1

If I may Quote in part " What intel program? Many "just work", using Rosetta, as P. Phillips pointed out.

But some do not - perhaps they are too old, or do some low level stuff that cannot be translated via Rosetta."

Reliable , accurate, details and context will really help to pinpoint a possible solution.

Without knowing exactly what Intel Application is involved - there is very little reliable, accurate or details we can offers a solution.

Help us help you and provide the requesting information.

After all, we are all working Remotely from All Over the World in various locations.

We can not see or have Direct Access to the computer.

This article is for intel computers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.