Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check for spy software on your iPhone?

I would like to scan my iPhone for spy software. There is spy software like this one, for instance:

How could anyone find out if such software is installed on your iPhone? Does Apple offer such a scanning service at the Genius bar? This question is not only meant for iPhones, all cell phones are meant in general, but I just happen to have an iPhone.

And another question: is it possible that someone at the network carrier can spy on you?

People have shown me videos of things that only went through my phone's lens, they knew my password, and they knew things about stuff that only went through my phone.

Any kind of useful information is very much appreciated!

Best,

Xbal

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:30 AM

My iPhone is not jailbroken. So, I am having hallucinations or what do you mean? As a side note, I am not talking about viruses or malware. I am talking about spy-software. And why wouldn't a non-jailbroken iPhone not be able to have spy-software? Isn't it possible to for the network carrier to spy on your conversations? And what about Pegasus?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 6:30 AM in response to kb1951

My iPhone is not jailbroken. So, I am having hallucinations or what do you mean? As a side note, I am not talking about viruses or malware. I am talking about spy-software. And why wouldn't a non-jailbroken iPhone not be able to have spy-software? Isn't it possible to for the network carrier to spy on your conversations? And what about Pegasus?

May 19, 2022 6:59 AM in response to Xbal

Xbal wrote:

It would be possible for someone to install spyware on your phone if they had access to your unlocked phone and also your Apple ID and password. If that happened, restore your phone to factory state, not from a backup.

Your carrier knows who you make calls to, who you receive calls from and where you are. They may also know what websites you're logging onto. And, there's a good probability they're selling that data. If you have a problem with that, your only current option is to stop using a cell phone.

There are devices (e.g. stingrays) that can be deployed to intercept cell phone conversations. They are expensive and complex to set up. Are you worth it?

Yes, there is also software that can be used remotely. However, it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to deploy for one user. Is your data worth that much to someone? If it is, stop using smartphones and only use disposable prepaid phones that you change regularly.

How to check for spy software on your iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.