Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download latest compatible version of FCPX from my "Purchased" window in App Store

Hello,

I'm eligible to run FCPX 10.5 here on Catalina, I saw a solution here that states that to download it you need to go to your "Purchased" window in the App Store, and that when clicking on the cloud icon, an option to download an older version will be available. This option doesn't show for me, and I'm not offered anything else than FCPX 11, which needs Big Sur or newer... Any other way? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:35 AM

I meant 10.6, not 11, you're right.

When I click my account at the bottom left, I see all the apps I ever purchased, FCPX is there. If I click the cloud icon to download it, it says it's incompatible with with my version of Mac OS and I'm given two choices: cancel, or download anyway.

I tried to "download it anyway" and it installed... I opened it and... It's FCPX 10.5. Confusing.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 9:35 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I meant 10.6, not 11, you're right.

When I click my account at the bottom left, I see all the apps I ever purchased, FCPX is there. If I click the cloud icon to download it, it says it's incompatible with with my version of Mac OS and I'm given two choices: cancel, or download anyway.

I tried to "download it anyway" and it installed... I opened it and... It's FCPX 10.5. Confusing.

May 17, 2022 9:22 AM in response to ninomojo

FCPX 11????

There is no such thing as FCPX 11 - please be specific, and if possible post a screenshot.

The current version of Final Cut Pro (Apple has dropped the X some time ago) is 10.6.2.

The last version that works in Catalina is 10.5.4.

What exactly happens when you click your account at the bottom left?

You see Final Cut Pro amongst your purchases, then click the cloud icon to download, and then...

you should see a warning that the current version needs Big Sur or Monterey, BUT in that same window you should be offered the option to get the most recent version that does work...

Can't download latest compatible version of FCPX from my "Purchased" window in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.