Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on MacOS Won't Sync Changes to Cloud Library

Hi all,

Here's my issue: Every time I make changes to songs, metadata, or playlist info (order etc), and then try to sync these changes via File > Library > Sync Cloud Library, it runs the "Updating Cloud Library" box at bottom left, but when it finishes, all of my changes instantly revert and do not show up on my iPhone or other devices. I am trying to edit info for MP3s which I have added myself, not ones from Apple Music streaming.

The only way I can get it to sync is by by booting into Safe Mode, at which point I can get it to sync a few times. Changes to songs are only saved if sync is successful. I'm running a new 16" M1 MacBook Pro, and my iPhone is a new iPhone 13 Pro. Everything is fully up to date. I never had these issues on my old ~2016 MacBook Pro using the same sync method. Only on the new machine, once running MacOS Monterey, did this arise. I do pay for Apple Music and have iCloud signed in.

Here's what I've tried. None of it has worked:

• Sign out of iCloud on all devices. Restart. Wait. Sign in anew.
  • Toggle "Sync Library" on all devices, with restart & 10 minute wait in between turning it back on.
  • Create new Music library on MacOS from scratch and rebuild playlists etc.
  • Remove all VPNs and other network-related software from my Mac and iPhone.
  • Restore all network settings to default.
  • Delete all startup items.
  • Remove Google Chrome (messes with other things)
  • Delete songs from Music and re-add.
  • Open Music while holding Shift
  • Open Music while holding Command+Option (safe mode).
  • Spent 4+ hours on the phone with senior advisors with Apple trying everything else they can think of.
  • Everything short of re-installing MacOS fresh on my computer, which I am hesitant to do. The computer is only a few months old anyway and has few non-native apps on it.

I'm honestly shocked that Music on MacOS is so buggy. I've been using iTunes in its many forms for more than a decade and never had such a problem until Monterey. This has been happening for months now and has consumed more of my time than I'd like to admit. Can someone please point me toward a solution, or help get this bug elevated so it can be fixed? At this price, a streaming service and years-old native app shouldn't have these kinds of essential issues.

Thanks,

A frustrated Apple customer.

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:36 AM

It might be worth upgrading to macOS 12.4 with Music 1.2.4.3 which was released yesterday. Reports from a number of threads suggest this issue has been resolved in the new build.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Music on MacOS Won't Sync Changes to Cloud Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.