You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing iTunes on Windows 10 D: drive

The SSD C: drive on my pc is getting very full so I'd like to install iTunes to run on the D: where there is lots of room. Not too concerned about performance as I only use iTunes to backup/update my devices. There was a thread in 2013 on the forum discussing it but lots has changed so I'd like to see if there is any more recent success out there. Anyone can help?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 17, 2022 12:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 12:56 PM

The app itself should be stored on your system drive. The library can be stored where you wish. With a bit of effort you can arrange for the backup data to be saved to a different location. See Relocate iOS device backups to move the backup date. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2022 12:56 PM in response to Petebuddy

The app itself should be stored on your system drive. The library can be stored where you wish. With a bit of effort you can arrange for the backup data to be saved to a different location. See Relocate iOS device backups to move the backup date. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage.

tt2

Installing iTunes on Windows 10 D: drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.