Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete App is Missing

After updating to iOS 15... When I long press the app to delete it, I get the options to remove app, share app, or edit home screen. When I press remove app, I only get the option to remove it from the home screen which places it in the app library but does not delete it. How do I delete an app?

You can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App.

-This does not work for me delete is missing from the contextual menu.

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

- This does not work for m e the delete option is missing from settings.

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

-This does not work for me Screen Time is disabled.

Anyone have a solution other than restoring the device to factory?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2022 1:55 PM

9 replies

May 17, 2022 5:09 PM in response to theelysium

I know how ya'll tech like to not believe people. So, I have proofs.. You are half correct. I removed this device from the MDM back when the district wanted to ewaste it cuz it is too old per the 4 year device rule they have. The device has been out of the MDM for almost a year. The last update some how put it in and MDM or restored the MDM profile??? Seems not probable with the way the devices get restored and added to an MDM. Unless something has changed in iOS that I'm unaware of that would allow a device to reconnect to an MDM...? This device was restored after being removed from the MDM. I've been deleting apps and using it with my own Appel ID until the last update when the app de;ete drama started. I didn't look at the MDM section of settings before posting cuz it was removed and restored.

I'll have to go back to the release notes to see if something was changed that would allow a reconnect or glitch a reconnect... still seems unlikely.

Delete App is Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.