Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Android messages

Why can’t I send android users messages?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:11 PM

Hello and welcome to the Apple Support Community Forum!

Depending on the kind of carrier plan you have you may or may not be able to use SMS features (eg. Data only plans or no plan at all). The other reason might be if you are using an iPad, iPod or MacBook that is not linked to an iPhone with an active talk, text and/or data plan then it won't work.

The other thing is if you have a carrier plane and it still is not working I would make sure that you have SMS messages enabled in "Settings" (Settings> Messages > Send as SMS)

I hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 9:11 PM in response to Blablablalalalalal

Hello and welcome to the Apple Support Community Forum!

Depending on the kind of carrier plan you have you may or may not be able to use SMS features (eg. Data only plans or no plan at all). The other reason might be if you are using an iPad, iPod or MacBook that is not linked to an iPhone with an active talk, text and/or data plan then it won't work.

The other thing is if you have a carrier plane and it still is not working I would make sure that you have SMS messages enabled in "Settings" (Settings> Messages > Send as SMS)

I hope this helps!

Android messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.