Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i transfer my own mp3 books to ipad

Does the Books App allow you to play your own audiobooks? When I am in Books app, and select audiobooks, I can only see books to buy in Apple Store. I want to see and play my own mp3 books from within Books App. Is this possible?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 17, 2022 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:02 AM

The Apple books App will certainly allow books in readable form (such as PDF or ePUB formats) to be imported to (i.e., be “shared” with) the Books App. Audio Books may need to be synchronised with iPad/iPhone using iTunes for Windows - using iTunes’ file transfer capabilities to import the Audio Book.

That said, I have never actually tried/needed to import an mp3 format file, Audio Book or otherwise, to the Books App. For mp3 files imported for playback on iOS/iPadOS devices, I have always used alternative players to the Apple-native Apps - as these are often considerably more flexible and/or have capabilities and functionality more appropriate for the media content.

As such, I might recommend that if you are experiencing any difficulties in using iTunes for Windows, to import mp3 Audio to Apple’s Books App, that you use one of the many third-party player Apps that you’ll find in the App Store. Alternatively, some “Googling” may pay dividends in either finding a step-by-step process to achieve successful import of mp3 Audio Books to the native Books App, or a more suitable alternative.

While not immediately resolving your difficulties, I hope this insight proves to be useful in guiding you to an acceptable solution.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 1:02 AM in response to royce151

The Apple books App will certainly allow books in readable form (such as PDF or ePUB formats) to be imported to (i.e., be “shared” with) the Books App. Audio Books may need to be synchronised with iPad/iPhone using iTunes for Windows - using iTunes’ file transfer capabilities to import the Audio Book.

That said, I have never actually tried/needed to import an mp3 format file, Audio Book or otherwise, to the Books App. For mp3 files imported for playback on iOS/iPadOS devices, I have always used alternative players to the Apple-native Apps - as these are often considerably more flexible and/or have capabilities and functionality more appropriate for the media content.

As such, I might recommend that if you are experiencing any difficulties in using iTunes for Windows, to import mp3 Audio to Apple’s Books App, that you use one of the many third-party player Apps that you’ll find in the App Store. Alternatively, some “Googling” may pay dividends in either finding a step-by-step process to achieve successful import of mp3 Audio Books to the native Books App, or a more suitable alternative.

While not immediately resolving your difficulties, I hope this insight proves to be useful in guiding you to an acceptable solution.

How do i transfer my own mp3 books to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.