Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats fit pro wing tip ripped

Is there anyway of replacing the ripped ear tip? Or do apple fix any of these issues?

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 4:38 PM

same exact issue went to apple store and they claim its damaged by owner when obviosly the material got soft and broke on both right and left earpieces only lasted 6 months very poor service by apple .Use better material apple

14 replies

Jun 15, 2022 1:25 PM in response to isidore16

Both of mine broke as well. The apple store said i need to pay $90 per ear bud. This product is poorly designed. Apple you need to offer a replacement for this poorly designed product. This isn’t a one off problem the internet is littered with others having the same issue. To expect us to pay $180 to have them fixed is utter insanity as your product design is to blame. You expect me to pay for your products only to pay again when they break due to a design issue?? Unless you fix my product I will never buy another apple product again.

Jul 28, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Jersydave

Same problem here… sure seems like a design flaw for some earbuds marketed as exercise appropriate. Took really good care of them, used them for about 7.5 months, no damaging incidents, and Apple said they had accidental damage and wouldn’t repair. Used Jaybirds and Bose in the past (both of which lasted a lot longer and didn’t stop functioning because of wing tips) for a lot longer and I loved the beats fit pro more than any of them but can’t bring myself to spend $180 on a repair for the next 6 months…the rare Apple-backed product that fails to live up.

Aug 9, 2022 10:58 AM in response to CurlyKuehl

Around 7 months for me. Mine looked to be perfect condition until one day they sounded garbled and awful and looks like sweat from my summer runs seeped into the wingtip cracks that had formed. Then I did some more inspection and found the wingtip flaw.

Really bummed too because they were my favorite pair of headphones to date… but I can’t stomach the thought of having to pay $180 for a new pair twice a year.

Aug 30, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Rudegar

That's for Beats X not the Beats Fit Pro, which is a completely different product. Everyone has searched for that Google query, where this page is the 1st result.

I'm hitting this issue just today. It's insane that it's $90 per ear bud for a repair. They were great buds, but if they are going to fall apart within a year and it's NOT covered under warranty, that's bad. $180 for repairs make it more cost effective to get new ear buds from somewhere else.

Beats fit pro wing tip ripped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.