Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Apple ID

Okay so I had a phone with another iCloud email on it, and I was gonna give it to a friend. I reset the phone but i forgot my old iCloud password. I tried many times and it got locked, and I have no way to unlock it. It's been locked for 11 months now, will it ever unlock by itself or do I have to do something?

Thanks!

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 9:17 AM

Reset Apple ID password using find my iPhone .

On your iPhone device , click on home scroll to the next page > click on extras > you will find find my iPhone click on it , enter your Apple ID only , click on forgot Apple ID or password , click on next.

Reset options - choose how would you like to reset your password ( a )

Click on reset through mail and click on ok .

Then open your rescue mail with web browser ( server account ) , open mail > click on reset password > two fields will be shown .

( a ) new password …..

( b ) verify password ….

Enter the credentials , and click on reset password , the password is changed .

If you click on - answer security questions - click on the right arrow .

Date of birth , verify your date of birth to continue > fill up the credentials > click on next and same pop up window will appear .

New password ….

Verify password ….

Fill up the credentials and click on reset password , the password is changed .

Note : use the iPhone that has been gifted to your friend , another method is use the link from a web browser https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

The credentials to reset password must be in your records .

( a ) if you lose answers for Apple ID provide credit card details that was added in the account .

( b ) if you have lost Apple ID password provide invoice copy of Mac to apple support advisors .

( c ) Contact apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support they will send a link on mail account , click on link after 24 hours to reset apple id password , however the link is valid for additional 3 hours .

( d ) Support pin is used by apple support advisors to verify the account when you know apple id password Generate a temporary Support PIN - Apple Support

If the account is set with 2FA see the article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 9:17 AM in response to cal6eb

Reset Apple ID password using find my iPhone .

On your iPhone device , click on home scroll to the next page > click on extras > you will find find my iPhone click on it , enter your Apple ID only , click on forgot Apple ID or password , click on next.

Reset options - choose how would you like to reset your password ( a )

Click on reset through mail and click on ok .

Then open your rescue mail with web browser ( server account ) , open mail > click on reset password > two fields will be shown .

( a ) new password …..

( b ) verify password ….

Enter the credentials , and click on reset password , the password is changed .

If you click on - answer security questions - click on the right arrow .

Date of birth , verify your date of birth to continue > fill up the credentials > click on next and same pop up window will appear .

New password ….

Verify password ….

Fill up the credentials and click on reset password , the password is changed .

Note : use the iPhone that has been gifted to your friend , another method is use the link from a web browser https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

The credentials to reset password must be in your records .

( a ) if you lose answers for Apple ID provide credit card details that was added in the account .

( b ) if you have lost Apple ID password provide invoice copy of Mac to apple support advisors .

( c ) Contact apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support they will send a link on mail account , click on link after 24 hours to reset apple id password , however the link is valid for additional 3 hours .

( d ) Support pin is used by apple support advisors to verify the account when you know apple id password Generate a temporary Support PIN - Apple Support

If the account is set with 2FA see the article How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Locked Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.