Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual SIM with International Travel -Issues with Phone Calls (Roaming Charges)

Many threads on same issue are closed due to inactivity. The issue is that if I dial a number with one of the SIM, the contact gets updated as that SIM be the default SIM. This can create issue while roaming, as the contact's default umber has been updated as SIM to call - Last Used.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 10:12 AM

found a solution

1. add another E-sim to your phone
  2. Open contacts - update the contact's default SIM as the newly added SIM ( Always Use - Newly added SIM)
  3. Do this for your commonly used contacts (and all if you have a small number of contacts). I had 1000+ contacts, but there are less than 20 contacts which I regularly call
  4. Disable the newly added E-sim, but don't delete it
  5. Next time, you try to call the updated number , a dialog box will appear: "Last line no longer available. Do you want to call with one of your remaining lines?"
  6. Chose the line you wish to use
  7. This will work as long as you keep the E-sim profile available in your device, without enabling it

I hope this helps, and apple finds a fix in at least iOs 16. I was facing this issue since iPhone Xs, but found this soultion recently. All previous posts about this issues were disabled due to inactivity

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 10:12 AM in response to thomasfromaj

found a solution

1. add another E-sim to your phone
  2. Open contacts - update the contact's default SIM as the newly added SIM ( Always Use - Newly added SIM)
  3. Do this for your commonly used contacts (and all if you have a small number of contacts). I had 1000+ contacts, but there are less than 20 contacts which I regularly call
  4. Disable the newly added E-sim, but don't delete it
  5. Next time, you try to call the updated number , a dialog box will appear: "Last line no longer available. Do you want to call with one of your remaining lines?"
  6. Chose the line you wish to use
  7. This will work as long as you keep the E-sim profile available in your device, without enabling it

I hope this helps, and apple finds a fix in at least iOs 16. I was facing this issue since iPhone Xs, but found this soultion recently. All previous posts about this issues were disabled due to inactivity

Dual SIM with International Travel -Issues with Phone Calls (Roaming Charges)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.