Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you delete a calendar event fom an iPhone?

When I click the event I want to remove, all I see at the bottom is "Accept", "Maybe", and "Decline". I'm told there is supposed to be a "Delete Event" selection at the bottom, but I don't see that.

iPhone SE

Posted on May 18, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:56 PM

Same process as long as I can remember

On the Home Screen, tap Calendar

Tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen between Today and Inbox

Choose the calendar(s) that you want to display

There is also an option to "Show Declined Events" there if you don't want to see an Invitation disappear after you Decline it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Dannymac22

Same process as long as I can remember

On the Home Screen, tap Calendar

Tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen between Today and Inbox

Choose the calendar(s) that you want to display

There is also an option to "Show Declined Events" there if you don't want to see an Invitation disappear after you Decline it.

May 18, 2022 2:41 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Well, that's interesting. Hitting "Decline" did make it disappear. That is, you can't just delete an event invitation, you have to decline it.

Now here's a related question. My phone shows TWO Memorial Day events. One from "Holidays in United States" calendar, and the other from "US Holidays" calendar. Gosh, I sure don't need both of those calendars. In order to delete a calendar, I am told to go to to settings>accounts & passwords, which doesn't exist anymore on iOS15. What's the new rule?

May 18, 2022 2:58 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you. I see there that I was subscribed to "Holidays in United States" under Gmail, and "US Holidays" under others. Now, what's a little more subtle is that "Holidays in the United States" had "Event Alerts" turned on, which I guess means that that is displayed as an iPhone event. I have turned that alert off, and I'm hoping that I am alerted by only one calendar henceforth. Not completely clear what Gmail is doing with that calendar.

May 20, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Well,t he issue isn't why Gmail wants the calendar. It's why Gmail wants to alert me about it in my iPhone calendar. If I turn off the Event Alert for that Gmail calendar, the event from it STILL shows up in my iPhone calendar. If I turn off that "Holidays in the United States" calendar for Gmail, in order to keep it from cluttering up my own calendar with extra events, is my Gmail still going to be aware of "Holidays in the United States"?

how do you delete a calendar event fom an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.