Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't save as pdf or print documents created in Microsoft word

After updating to Big Sur 11.6.5 I can no longer save as pdf files created in Microsoft Word. If I try to print the print window does not even come up. I have the latest version of Office so updates are not the issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Alessandra

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 3:13 PM

The Word v16.61 File menu > Save As… menu item takes you to a dialog where you can specify the output document type as PDF.

It is a good idea to add the .pdf extension to the filename in this dialog if you don't want Finder to hide the PDF extension on you when it is exported.

2 replies

May 18, 2022 6:24 PM in response to Alessandra1963

Alessandra1963 wrote:

After updating to Big Sur 11.6.5 I can no longer save as pdf files created in Microsoft Word. If I try to print the print window does not even come up.

.I have the latest version of Office so updates are not the issue. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Alessandra

Latest version...which is what(?)

Big Sur compatibility—Microsoft recently announced that it was officially ending support for Office 2016 for Mac on October 13, 2020. Apple Silicon compatibility in Office 2016 is questionable. Office 2019 no issues.

The current Office for Mac; Office 365 or Office 2019 (One-time purchase) are OK with Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey

To activate a Microsoft Office 365 subscription you simply enter the email address you used when you extended the subscription with Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft Corporation/Customer service

1 (800) 642-7676

Can't save as pdf or print documents created in Microsoft word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.