Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the name of my incoming emails with iPhone?

I recently joined Netflix, I have now noticed that all my incoming emails (gmail) have my name displayed as Netflix and not my real name. It is in grey when I touch the Netflix name it shows my real name in blue. How do I get rid of the Netflix name on my incoming emails?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 12:32 PM

Hi Kazshopping,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! If you go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts and select your Gmail, are you able to edit your name? This article can help:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

4 replies

May 19, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Kazshopping

Kazshopping,

We appreciate you checking that. If your name is correct in your Mail settings, then we'd like to get some clarification next. To confirm, when you receive a new email from your Gmail account, does it now say "Netflix" in the "To:" field instead of your name?

If so, then we would recommend editing your contact card by going to the Contacts app, tapping your card at the very top and selecting "Edit" in the top right corner to ensure there is no mention of "Netflix" in your contact card. Also, ensure there is no separate contact card with "Netflix" in it as well. This walks you through the steps:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

How to change the name of my incoming emails with iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.