Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off login password

I want to turn OFF the login password to use my computer. No one else has access so it's just a hassle to be logging in all the time. Nothing online seems to work, whatever I do, it still shows up. Is it not possible?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 18, 2022 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 7:44 PM

blundertheweather wrote:

I want to turn OFF the login password to use my computer. No one else has access so it's just a hassle to be logging in all the time. Nothing online seems to work, whatever I do, it still shows up. Is it not possible?

Set your Mac to automatically log in during startup - Apple ...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 7:44 PM in response to Community User

blundertheweather wrote:

Set your Mac to automatically log in during startup - Apple ...

May 18, 2022 7:32 PM in response to Community User

I understand you say no one else has access to your MBP, but what if you're home is broken into and it is stolen? Someone will then have full access to your computer. I'm not sure, but I also believe Find My will not work without a password.

If you still want to turn it off, see this non-Apple Support article --> https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-turn-off-password-on-mac

May 18, 2022 7:48 PM in response to Community User

blundertheweather Said:

"Turning off login password: I want to turn OFF the login password to use my computer. No one else has access so it's just a hassle to be logging in all the time. Nothing online seems to work, whatever I do, it still shows up. Is it not possible?"

-------

Don't Disable your Password:

Create a new user, and don't synchronize data between user accounts. That seems the best way.

Turning off login password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.