Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usb Accessories disabled

I am trying to connect my wireless keyboard to my desktop to recharge it and I keep getting a message that the USB Accessory is disabled. Unplug the accessory using too much power to reenable USB devices but nothing else is attached.

Not sure what is causing this or how to rectify it.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 19, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 10:43 AM

The only time I've seen this was when I attempted to charge a USB device via a data-only port. Once I switched to a power port, the problem went away.

With zero details about your system, it's pretty much impossible to offer customized solutions. Apple logo > About this Mac > post the data here. You can leave out the Serial number.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 10:43 AM in response to Buzz51

The only time I've seen this was when I attempted to charge a USB device via a data-only port. Once I switched to a power port, the problem went away.

With zero details about your system, it's pretty much impossible to offer customized solutions. Apple logo > About this Mac > post the data here. You can leave out the Serial number.

Usb Accessories disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.