Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to return lost iphone to proper owner

I have found a lost iphone, what do I do, it was a couple of weeks before I could even find someone with an iPhone charger to see if it still worked when it came on though absolutely no information on the screen just a keypad for the lock code....I don't know what to do, how to return this device to it's rightful owner

I don't even know what iPhone it is

Posted on May 19, 2022 1:34 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2022 2:07 PM in response to wcastleman1

Turning it in to "Lost and Found" or the police is ALWAYS the right move ..

... but since you're commendably trying to do the right thing ...

Check to see if JUST MAYBE the owner has setup emergency contacts.

On the passcode entry screen click "emergency" ... followed by "Medical ID"

He/she MAY have listed some emergency contacts which can then be dialed using the "found" phone if the SIM hasn't been deactivated (although it probably has by now)

Jun 12, 2022 10:22 AM in response to wcastleman1

People on here are saying to look at the medical ID, but if that doesn’t work, you can hold the middle, circle button down, or on a phone without it, hold down the power button, or even say “Hey Siri” to access Siri, and ask something along the lines of “What’s my call log” or “View my call log”. Sometimes Siri will read out the log, or you get a screen where you can actually see all the calls at once. Wither option works, but the one where you see all the calls works best and fastest. With this you can tap any previous call in the log to call that contact. So look for contacts like “Hubby” “Mom” “Dad” or even names. If someone picks up, you can probably get an address to ship the phone.

Trying to return lost iphone to proper owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.