Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot AppleID password on brand new iPhone; when I try to reset it says my passcode is wrong

Yesterday I broke my iPhone XS and bought a new iPhone 13. Turns out I forgot my Apple ID password, however when I go to reset the password it makes me go back to my old XS (which thankfully still works, just barley) and enter the passcode, which it then says is wrong. 

My passcode is correct and it unlocks both iPhones, it just shows as incorrect when attempting to reset the Apple ID password. 

I keep going through the steps of trying to reset the password via verification (texting and emailing me a 6 digit code), but it always comes back to the page saying since I couldn’t enter my passcode my account is being put into recovery. After waiting 5 hrs for the status update it’s now saying I will receive a link to recover my account password 13 days from now on June 1. 

What are my other options? Will it mess all my data up if I temporarily use a different Apple ID? Right now I’m having to use my new iPhone 13 for texts, calls and data, and my old iPhone XS for the apps, email accounts, etc. 

One Apple page mentioned verification by other means like a credit card number from my Apple Pay, but I haven’t found how to try that option. 

Unfortunately I do not have the account recovery option where it calls trusted contacts. I will definitely be setting that up once I get this sorted!

iPhone 13

Posted on May 19, 2022 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 4:18 PM

Contact Customer Support by phone or chat:

Similar questions

1 reply

Forgot AppleID password on brand new iPhone; when I try to reset it says my passcode is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.