Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete an app in my iPhone

why cant i delete or remove the app in my iphone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 11:07 PM

Some Apps are default and you can’t delete them but if you have this problem with apps that you install them try this way

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restriction > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps > Change Don’t Allow to Allow

3 replies

May 19, 2022 10:05 PM in response to jannahclaire

jannahclaire Said:

"App cant be deleted: why cant i delete or remove the app in my iphone"

-------

Successfully Deleting an App:

Is this is third-party app? If so, and you cannot delete it from the Home Screen, then reset the Home Screen layout. See if it no longer show up.

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

May 19, 2022 9:58 PM in response to jannahclaire

There are some apps that are published by Apple that cannot be deleted. For example, Safari cannot be deleted.

If you are referring to an app(s) that is a third party app (not published by Apple) and you are not able to delete it then You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings  Screen Time  Content & Privacy Restrictions  iTunes & App Store Purchases  Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

I can't delete an app in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.