Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep trying to delete photos because it takes up half of my storage. Whenever I do it barely goes down or the photos don’t even delete and just come right back. What can I do?

How do I fix this

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 8:59 PM

angelr_6164 Said:

"I keep trying to delete photos because it takes up half of my storage. Whenever I do it barely goes down or the photos don’t even delete and just come right back. What can I do?: How do I fix this"

-------

Ridding of Photos from an iPhone:

Which to Do?:

Do you want to export them, or do you just want to trash them?

• About Exporting Photos:

Go Here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

• About Trashing Photos:

When it comes to trashing them, with thousands to sort through, the fastest way is to reset your iPhone to Factory Settings, making not of what is installed. It would take some time, but it is the way to go about clear all of it (with out backing it up). Perform as instructed here, including logging out of iCloud on it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 8:59 PM in response to angelr_6164

angelr_6164 Said:

"I keep trying to delete photos because it takes up half of my storage. Whenever I do it barely goes down or the photos don’t even delete and just come right back. What can I do?: How do I fix this"

-------

Ridding of Photos from an iPhone:

Which to Do?:

Do you want to export them, or do you just want to trash them?

• About Exporting Photos:

Go Here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

• About Trashing Photos:

When it comes to trashing them, with thousands to sort through, the fastest way is to reset your iPhone to Factory Settings, making not of what is installed. It would take some time, but it is the way to go about clear all of it (with out backing it up). Perform as instructed here, including logging out of iCloud on it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I keep trying to delete photos because it takes up half of my storage. Whenever I do it barely goes down or the photos don’t even delete and just come right back. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.