You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad installation frozen

Installation has frozen with message (in settings) “restore in progress. 100MB will be downloaded to restore your apps and data.” It was doing fine, then this has been on screen for several hours already. It’s plugged into power source. It’s on my wifi. I tried restarting. Nothing changes. Please help.

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 19, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 11:02 PM

CiaoBellaG Said:

"New iPad installation frozen: Installation has frozen with message (in settings) 'restore in progress. 100MB will be downloaded to restore your apps and data.' It was doing fine, then this has been on screen for several hours already. It’s plugged into power source. It’s on my wifi. I tried restarting. Nothing changes. Please help."

-------

Wait it Out:

It will take some time, if thousands of files need to be transferred. Note that if performed through WiFi, all will go slow. If there is little service, locally, then know that many people are working out of their house at the moment (due to COVID restrictions, and that there is only so much that broadband can handle.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2022 11:02 PM in response to CiaoBellaG

CiaoBellaG Said:

"New iPad installation frozen: Installation has frozen with message (in settings) 'restore in progress. 100MB will be downloaded to restore your apps and data.' It was doing fine, then this has been on screen for several hours already. It’s plugged into power source. It’s on my wifi. I tried restarting. Nothing changes. Please help."

-------

Wait it Out:

It will take some time, if thousands of files need to be transferred. Note that if performed through WiFi, all will go slow. If there is little service, locally, then know that many people are working out of their house at the moment (due to COVID restrictions, and that there is only so much that broadband can handle.

New iPad installation frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.