Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remotely removed an iCloud account from a lost iPhone?

i lost my iphone 8 on may 14 and i want to ask if there is a way that the icloud on the phone can be removed without entering my password to the icloud

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:38 AM

The short answer, no.

It is not possible to remove your Apple ID (iCloud and Find My iPhone) from your lost phone without entering the code. It is your assurance that your information on the phone remains yours.

If your phone is found by someone else and restored then they will be greeted by an Activation Lock in the setup menu. If they do not have your code, then they will not get further from there, and the iPhone will be useless to them, or just a very nice paperweight.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 6:38 AM in response to gyan82

The short answer, no.

It is not possible to remove your Apple ID (iCloud and Find My iPhone) from your lost phone without entering the code. It is your assurance that your information on the phone remains yours.

If your phone is found by someone else and restored then they will be greeted by an Activation Lock in the setup menu. If they do not have your code, then they will not get further from there, and the iPhone will be useless to them, or just a very nice paperweight.

Can I remotely removed an iCloud account from a lost iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.