Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sterio sound unless in sound input tab

when using my macbook pro m1 running monterey 12.4 I only get audio from one side.

the only way I'm able to correct this is to open system preferences, click sound, then click the input tab, and leave the window open.

if I close the window, i revert right back to sound on only one side.

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 9:22 AM

rbgnr111 wrote:

when using my macbook pro m1 running monterey 12.4 I only get audio from one side.
the only way I'm able to correct this is to open system preferences, click sound, then click the input tab, and leave the window open.

Have you rebooted more than once since 12.4...(?)

Try a safeboot to sort anomalies

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 9:22 AM in response to rbgnr111

rbgnr111 wrote:

Have you rebooted more than once since 12.4...(?)

Try a safeboot to sort anomalies

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

no sterio sound unless in sound input tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.