Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is claiming i need to update but it is the latest version

iTunes is claiming I need to update but it is the latest version. I downloaded 12.10.11 64 bit to a Windows 10 PC. Continues to claim I need to upgrade

Posted on May 20, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 11:44 AM

Sorry, the link in your post doesn't work for me.

Did you try downloading using either the Microsoft Store or the Apple link in Download and use iTunes for Windows - Apple Support ?

Note that I have not tested either of those to see if they are providing the latest version.

Also see: About the security content of iTunes 12.12.4 for Windows - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Einherjar

Sorry, the link in your post doesn't work for me.

Did you try downloading using either the Microsoft Store or the Apple link in Download and use iTunes for Windows - Apple Support ?

Note that I have not tested either of those to see if they are providing the latest version.

Also see: About the security content of iTunes 12.12.4 for Windows - Apple Support

May 21, 2022 2:43 AM in response to Einherjar

iTunes 12.10.11 is the last version of iTunes that will work on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 machine. So either your computer is not using Windows 10, or the company you work for is preventing the installation of the latest version of iTunes. If the latter proves to be the situation, I would assume that it is your company's decision.

Einherjar wrote:

Why doesn't apple support provide the latest version?

If you mean why doesn't Apple support the latest version of iTunes, it does. If you mean why doesn't Apple support the latest version of Windows, again, it does. So presumably you are not using either the latest version of Windows (Windows 11) or Windows 10 or as mentioned, your company is preventing installation.

iTunes is claiming i need to update but it is the latest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.