Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay always requiring phone to be unlocked

Hi,

Every time I use CarPlay with my iPhone 13 I get a message on screen telling me to unlock the phone to use CarPlay. I am connecting to CarPlay via a USB cable.

I have turned on the setting for “USB Accessories” under “Allow Access When Locked” in the Face ID and Passcode settings but this doesn’t make a difference.

Are there are any other settings I’m missing that might be causing this?

For info I’m using an Andream CarPlay unit, but I’ve used several other iPhones with it before and not had this issue.

Thanks

iPhone 13

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:11 AM

Never mind, I found the solution. Not sure how I missed this, but for anyone who may come across this thread having the same issue:

Settings > CarPlay > [Car] > Allow CarPlay While Locked

3 replies

CarPlay always requiring phone to be unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.