Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete contacts on old iPhone 6

I upgraded recently to an iPhone 13 pro from an iPhone 6. I want to return the iPhone 6 to Verizon for credit without my personal information. currently my iPhone 6 and 13 pro seem to be sharing data. If I delete a contact on my iPhone 6 it also deletes the same contact on my iPhone 13 pro.

Is there a setting so the iPhone 6 can be unpaired or disconnected from my iPhone 13 pro and MAC so I can only delete contacts on the iPhone 6?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 2:24 PM

This is the best process to know --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

May 21, 2022 2:23 PM in response to squaredancelou

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Disable the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

delete contacts on old iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.